Today on my blog I am going to be doing the Versatile Blogger Award! I was nominated for this by Rebecca at Staying Up Till Morning (so a big thank you to her! Apologies that it’s actual months later that I’ve finally done it, though), and I’m very excited as I love being nominated for things. To start with, here are the rules.
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person that has nominated you
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate a few blogs
- Link your nominees
Here are seven random facts about me:
- I don’t actually read much YA that’s not contemporary. Although there are a couple of books reviewed on my blog scattered here and there that aren’t set in the present day, the vast majority is. This is probably because most YA books that are fantasy or sci-fi are a series with many books totalling thousands of pages, and so I normally stick to the quicker reads that are YA contemporaries.
- I am looking to expand my reading tastes a little. So, in order to combat the aforementioned concentration on contemporary YA, I am trying to read more that I would normally choose. Within YA, that means historical, fantasy, sci-fi. However, I’m also reading more than just YA – some older classics, modern classics, poetry, plays. Reading more widely was actually one of my goals for 2017, so I feel like I kind of have to do it.
- I don’t read anywhere near as much as I’d like. At the time of writing this, there are literally stacks of books in my room which I am yet to read – not to mention all the books downloaded to my Kindle. I hope to read them all eventually!
- I absolutely love modern classics. Two of my all-time favourite classics are The Handmaid’s Tale and 1984, and while I enjoy older classics as well, there’s just something about the modern ones (especially the ones which present a dystopian future) that means I find them fascinating and just love them.
- Studying a book makes me love it more. There are some people who find that, for them, studying and analysing a book takes some of the joy out of it. While I can see their point, for me it’s the other way around. I love really getting into a book, deepening my understanding of the themes, learning about the characters, just everything. I find it so interesting, and it really makes me passionate about a book!
- The main social media platform I use for blogging is Twitter. All my original content is posted here on my blog, but that’s not necessarily every day (Blogmas being the exception!). Twitter is where I put links to my blog posts to promote them, join in with Twitter chats, talk about upcoming releases or what I’m reading – the list goes on and on.
- I love to watch films of books I’ve enjoyed. Obviously I love reading – I’ve devoted an entire blog to books – but something I really enjoy is books I’ve liked that have been turned into films. I think it’s so much fun to see how the filmmakers have interpreted, how the actors portray the characters, just everything.
Those are my seven facts! They were supposed to be random, but a bookish theme definitely emerged throughout.
- Bex from My Shelf and Myself
- Liv from Liv’s Wonderful Escape
- Steph from A Little But A Lot
- Rachel from Rustling Reads