I was nominated by Lia from Lost in a Story for the Black Cat Blue Sea Award, which I am very excited to be doing on my blog today! It always means a lot to be nominated by another blogger for something – especially for an award as lovely as this one – so I’d like to say a big thank you to Lia (and say sorry for not doing it sooner as she nominated me three months ago . . .). Lia is also the brain behind Short Story Society, and I would definitely recommend checking out some of her creative writing as well as her blog posts.
“This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.”
- Anybody nominated can nominate eight other bloggers.
- The nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
Without further ado, here are the questions Lia chose.
What are you most passionate about?
I’m honestly not sure about this one! I think it’s constantly changing for me. I love a lot of things, books and blogging being one of those things, so while I’m passionate about everything I like, the absolute favourite is altered a lot.
Have you ever considered stopping blogging? And why?
Fun fact: I actually had a book blog before this one, but I decided I wasn’t being efficient enough with the schoolwork vs blogging balance, so I deleted after about two months. Now I think I’ve got the balance down a bit better – I’m into my seventh month of blogging. I try to remember that I can always take a break and come back to my blog if I need to, but that I shouldn’t stop entirely.
What is your favourite hobby?
Similar to the answer to the first question, but I don’t think I can choose! There are so many things I love, books and blogging an obvious one, but also writing and talking about feminism (I’m calling this a hobby because I’m not sure how else it would be categorised) to name but a few. They’re all my favourites.
Sorry for all those indecisive answers! I just can’t choose between all the things I love.
The people I’m nominating are:
- Shannon from Pink Lemonade and Paperbacks
- Bex from My Shelf and Myself
- Liv from Liv’s Wonderful Escape -> read her post here!
- Eve from Twist in the Taile
- Eleanor from Eleanor Read a Book
- Ashleigh from A Frolic Through Fiction
- Tanya from Scrible Dreams
- Lottie from The Spectre Days
The questions I’m asking are:
- What made you start blogging in the first place?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why? (I know this is a somewhat overused question, and also doesn’t have anything to do with blogging, but I think it’s a fun one!)