So I haven’t really been posting much recently (does guilty face) as I have had an incredible amount of stuff on, which unfortunately has meant that my usual blogging patterns have gone out the window. Normally, I’d have done a few posts on July releases, my June wrap up, and my June book haul by now, and I don’t think I’m really going to be able to catch up! However, I thought it would still be fun to make a post on my TBR for this month, as I think it’s got some pretty good books on it.
I’ve got a fair amount of reading to do for school over the summer, although I am actually really looking forward to reading all of these! I’ve started to really get into non-fiction academic books, as well as books for English Lit A Level. I’m hoping to read, this month:
- The General Prologue and The Merchant’s Prologue and Tale by Chaucer
- Nudge by Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein
- The Puzzle of God by Peter Vardy
- The Poet’s Tale by Paul Strohm
- The Utopia Experiment by Dylan Evans
Other General Books
These are books I’ve picked up or am reading for the bookshop I review for.
- After the Fire by Will Hill
- Being Miss Nobody by Tamsin Winters
- The Dollmaker of Krakow by R. M. Romero
- A History of Britain in 21 Women by Jenni Murray
This is a very exciting section to write, because I’m deciding what to read before YALC this month! There are
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
- The Call by Peader O’Guilin
- Showstopper by Hayley Barker
- Release by Patrick Ness
- The Graces by Laure Eve
- Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt
So this is my TBR for this month! Some of it might not really fit what the YA community usually goes for (i.e. a bunch of books for school), but hopefully some of you have read a couple of my YA picks and so can get excited with me for them. Also, who else is excited for YALC?!